Role required: Customer Admin or Channel Admin. See LivingLens user roles.
Import multiple media files and associated data to a LivingLens channel by configuring and uploading a .CSV template.
This template-assisted upload method was historically known as Bulk Upload in the legacy LivingLens platform. Contact your Medallia expert or Research Services for more information.
Bulk import requirements
- A user must have a Customer Admin or Channel Admin user role for the required channel.
- Media files must be hosted in Dropbox cloud storage.
- Configure the template by filling out every column for each media file, unless the column is noted as Optional. See Configuring a bulk import template.
Configuring a bulk import template
1. Upload media files to a Dropbox folder.
3. Populate video data into the .CSV.
Column A URL — Starting with row 2, copy shareable Dropbox links and paste into column A of the template.
- Generate shareable Dropbox links by clicking Share > Create Link > Copy Link.
- Paste into Column A of the template.
- Change end of link from dl=0 (default) to dl=1.
Column B Source — Insert public into every row or use a spreadsheet editor Fill > Down.
Column C Title — Input the title of each media file. Title has a 75 character maximum.
Column D Description — Optional. Input a description of the media. Description has a 600 character maximum.
Column E LanguageCode — Input the code for the media spoken language (for example, en if media is in English). For a full list of language codes, see Supported languages.
Column F CountryCode — Input the media country of origin (for example US for United States, GB for the United Kingdom, CA for Canada). For a full list of country codes, see Supported country codes.
Column G Tags — Optional. Input tags for media. Separate multiple tags with a comma.
Column H-J Transcription and Translation — Set transcription (and translation if applicable) for each media file.
Column H HumanTranscription — input yes in column H to request Human Transcription. Input no in column I.Important: Human transcription incurs additional cost. Contact your Medallia Representative for pricing information.
Column I MachineSpeechRecognition — The template is set to request Machine Speech Recognition (column I MachineSpeechRecognition — yes). For non-English media, setting column I to yes automatically also requests a machine translation.Note: Replicate Columns H-J to request Machine Speech Recognition (speech to text) for media files. If you require human transcriptions and translations, set columns H-J accordingly.
Column J HumanTranslation — For non-English media, input yes in column J to request Human Translation. Only input yes in column J if you first input yes in column H to request Human Transcription. Input no in column I.Important: Human translation incurs additional cost. Contact your Medallia Representative for pricing information.
Column L and above Filter — Optional. Input filter data in columns L and above. Input one filter per column. Format is filter group:filter name, with no space on either side of the colon. See the following format examplesAge:18-25
4. Before importing your files into LivingLens, double check the format is correct.
- Verify all Dropbox links end in "dl=1" (Links will have dl=0 as default).
- Verify required columns are filled out. LivingLens recommends checking columns A-C, E, F, H-L.
- Verify filter data is in the correct format (for example Age:21-38, Gender:Male) and there are no colons in filter data aside from the colon between your filter category and filter label (Age:18-25).
- Check that the file is saved in .CSV format.
See here for an example of what a completed .CSV template should look like.
5. Upload the .CSV to the LivingLens channel.
Log in to LivingLens.
Navigate to the correct channel via the channel menu.
Open the menu and select Imports.
Click Media Import.
Select the .CSV file in your file explorer.
The platform displays a message when the Import template is successfully uploaded and the channel begins processing the imported media.