A channel is a media folder in LivingLens. Users can only search for, filter, and create showreels with media in one channel. There is no limit to the number of file uploads to a channel.
It is best practice to create a new channel for each project run in LivingLens. For information on how to create a new channel, see Creating a new channel.
A channel's default view is the Media Library.
Every LivingLens user has a Default channel. This is the channel that loads after login to the platform. The Default channel is typically the first channel a user has access to and may appear despite creating subsequent channels.
Click the channel menu to view of all channels you have access to. Use the search field above the channel list to search for a specific channel. Click the desired channel name to load it in your web browser.
Example ways to use a channel
- A single channel for all media (may be called a Brand Hub). Use Filters to organize and navigate to different media subsets within the channel.
- Create multiple channels for different groups within a company, such as by team, department, sub-brand or product.
- Use a channel for each research project.
- LivingLens Experience Edition — each video question in a Medallia survey automatically creates a unique LivingLens channel.
Insights Suite projects
- Each Promoter Campaign automatically creates a unique LivingLens channel
- Each Crowdicity Challenge automatically creates a unique LivingLens channel
Creating a new channel
Customer Admin users can create new channels for their organization. For more information, see Channel management.
If your account does not have a Customer Admin user, contact LivingLens Support via Medallia Knowledge Center to request a new channel.
Log into your Knowledge Center account at help.medallia.com.
Click Contact Support > LivingLens > Channel Request.
Fill out all information that's requested including project name, languages, and users who need access.Under Pro Users, list everyone from your team who will need access to avoid having to reach out to Support in the future.
Click Submit to send your request to the LivingLens Support team.
You should receive an email from LivingLens Support within 1-2 business days confirming that your new channel has been created along with information and resources related to the type of project you've requested.