Role required: Customer Admin, Channel Admin, or Pro. See LivingLens User roles.
A Medallia LivingLens channel Data Export is a file containing video and audio transcripts and select media data.
The Data Export is available as:
- a .CSV file (Excel, Numbers, Google Sheets)
- a .TXT file (TextEdit, Notepad)
- an .XLSX file (Excel)
Sections in this topic include:
Generating a Data Export
In the Media Library, click More Actions and select Data Export.
Click and select Exports.
On the Exports screen, find the generated Data Export. The newest export appears at the top of the export list.
To initiate download:
By default, Download (CSV) is displayed. Click Download CSV for the .CSV file
To retrieve the .XLSX download, click and select Download Excel.
To retrieve the .TXT download:
Chrome — Click and select Download TXT. The TXT file opens in a new browser tab. In the web browser, click File > Save Page As..., select and confirm the local destination, and save.
Safari — Click and select Download TXT. The TXT file opens in a new browser tab. Copy and paste as needed.
Firefox — Click and select Download TXT. The TXT file opens in a new browser tab. In the web browser, select Save Page As..., select and confirm the local destination, and save.
Microsoft Edge — Click and select Download TXT. The TXT file opens in a new browser tab. In the web browser, select Save Page As..., select and confirm the local destination, and save.
Information in a Data Export
- Media Id — the unique identifier in the Media View URL.
- Type — the media type.
- Duration — Video and Audio duration in seconds. Image value is 0.
- Description — blank unless media has a description.
- Tags — blank unless tags are applied.
- CountryCode — two digit country code.
- Country — Country name.
- LanguageCode — media language code.
- Language — Language name.
- NativeTranscription — Video and Audio spoken word transcription.
- TranscriptionType — the spoken word transcription service.
- EnglishTranslation — Video and Audio non-English to English translation.
- TranslationType — the English translation service.
- Facial — Facial Emotion Analysis data. Blank unless this service is activated.
- Tone — Deprecated service, no longer offered. Tone Emotion Analysis data. Blank unless legacy data is available.
- Object — Object Recognition data. Blank unless this service is activated.
- EnglishTranscriptionSentiment — Sentiment Analysis aggregate sentiment value.
- Filters — one column for each filter applied to media. Format is Filter group:Filter value.
It is not possible to configure the Data Export in the platform to add or remove columns.
The Exports screen shows all users' Data Export requests and is where users download Data Export files. Any Customer Admin, Channel Admin, or Pro user can view all channel Data Export requests and download any Data Export files.
If a user generates a Data Export based on a search term, the search term appears in the Exports screen Name column.
Click and select Delete Export next to any Data Export request to remove it.
The main use case for deleting an export is to organize the Exports screen and consolidate the list of requests to only the most useful. Any Customer Admin, Channel Admin, or Pro user can delete any Data Export. If deleted, the Date Export needs to be re-generated from the Media Library.