Video user roles
Medallia Video user roles are applied on a channel basis for each user. User roles control what functionality a user has access to. Add On roles provide access to specific screens and additional functionality.
The exception is the Customer Admin user role, which automatically provides the user access to every channel in the Customer group with Analytics, Mobile, and Shareable Links Add On roles.
See the following sections for details about user roles:
User roles are as follows:
- Customer Admin — All permissions, including the ability to manage users and create channels.
- Channel Admin — Add channel users, manage media and create showreels.
- Pro — Manage media and create showreels, typically used for insights professionals.
- Standard — Search and view only, typically used for clients or stakeholders.
|Capability||Customer Admin||Channel Admin||Pro||Standard|
|Access secure video intelligence platform||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Create and manage users. See User management||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Create and manage channels. See Channel management||Yes||No||No||No|
|Upload media files to a channel. See Uploading media||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Import Zoom meeting recordings. See Importing a Zoom meeting||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Play and watch media content||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Generate shareable links of media files. See Shareable links||Yes||Yes. Requires Shareable Links Creator Add On role||Yes. Requires Shareable Links Creator Add On role||No|
|Search by word, phrase, and theme||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|View identified Key Themes and Text Sentiment||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access Analytics Module with dynamic metadata charts. See Analytics Module display||Yes||Yes. Requires Analytics Add On role||Yes. Requires Analytics Add On role||Yes. Requires Analytics Add On role|
|Create custom filters. See Create and edit filters||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Download media, transcriptions, and metadata||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Edit transcriptions manually||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Apply facial blurring. See Facial blur||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Cut and combine clips to create showreels with text overlay and subtitles. See Showreels||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Create and manage CaptureMe mobile projects. See Mobile project management||Yes||Yes. Requires Mobile Add On role||Yes. Requires Mobile Add On role||No|
Add On roles
Add On roles provide access to specific screens and functionality.
Add On roles are as follows:
- Analytics — User can access a channel's Analytics screen. See Analytics Module display. Exception is Customer Admin, which automatically has Analytics permission on every channel in the customer group.
- Mobile — User can access a channel's Mobile screen. See Mobile project management. Not available for Standard users. Exception is Customer Admin, which automatically has Mobile permission on every channel in the customer group.
- Shared Content only — User can only access media selected as Shared. See Shared content.
Shareable Links Creator — User can create a shareable link for any media item in the channel. See Shareable links. Exception is Customer Admin, which automatically has Shareable Links Creator permission on every channel in the customer group.