Use Form Settings to control and customize survey-wide settings and apply branding components. Access Form Settings by clicking Form Settings in the top bar in the survey editor.
See Page Settings in Survey editor for additional branding options.
Basic Settings tab
Use the Basic Settings tab to specify survey name, dimensions, and navigation buttons.
- Form Name (1)
- Name of the survey. This name must be unique for each survey. The Form ID to the right of this field is for internal reference only.
- Form Dimensions (2)
- Width and height of the survey in pixels. The Height field appears when the Static Form check box is selected.
- Navigation Buttons (3)
- Select the navigation buttons to appear on the survey. Then enter the name and select colors for each button.
Form Design tab
Use the Form Design tab to control the design settings for the survey.
- Background Color (1)
- Click the field to select a color from the color picker or enter a hexadecimal color value.
- Custom CSS (2)
- Enter a URL of a CSS file to include with the survey to override default design settings. Classes in this file can then be used on a page level or field level to customize the appearance of the survey.
- Background Image (3)
- Click Upload to browse to an image to be used in the background of a survey.
- Form Text Color (4)
- Click the field to select a color from the color picker or enter a hexadecimal color value. The value set in this field applies to all descriptive text in the survey (labels, descriptions, radio button options, and check box options) and can be overridden using CSS styling. Important: If WCAG (Accessibility) is enabled (formTemplateWCAG provision or isWCAG property setting), the Form Text Color cannot be changed.
- Repeat check box (5)
- When selected, the background image is tiled across the survey if it is smaller than the dimensions of the survey.
Thank You Page tab
Upload an image to be displayed on the thank-you page.
Customize the thank-you text using a rich text editor.
Customize the background color of the page.
Customize the button color and the text color on the button.
View a preview that displays what the Thank You Page looks like in a survey.
- Do not show Thank You page check box (1)
- Select to not show a thank you page after customers submit surveys.
- Logo (2)
- Click the upload icon to browse to an image to be used as a logo on a survey.
- 'Thank You' Text (3)
- Click Edit Text to open an editor to customize text to be displayed to customers on the Thank You page.
- 'Close' Button Color (4)
- Click the field to select a color from the color picker or enter a hexadecimal color value to be used on the close button.
- 'Close' Button Text Color (5)
- Click the field to select a color from the color picker or enter a hexadecimal color value to be used on the text of the close button.
- Background Color (6)
- Click the field to select a color from the color picker or enter a hexadecimal color value to be used as the background color of the thank you page.
- 'Close Button' Label (7)
- Label to be used on the close button.
- Preview (8)
- Preview of what the thank you page looks like in a survey.
Screen Capture tab
See Screen capture feature for details about the options available on this tab.
Advanced Settings tab
On the Advanced Settings tab, click the plus icon to the right of the Override Form Validation Error Message heading to override text in errors that customers see.
Click the plus icon to the right of the Custom Parameters heading to enable or disable custom parameters in survey displays.