Smart Reply module
The Smart Reply module provides methods to re-engage customers by sending them personalized email responses after they have submitted feedback.
Set up user rules and configurable rich email formats to decide which feedback to respond to and what message to send.
On the Smart Reply screen, create a new email template by completing the following steps:
Click New Template in the top right corner of the screen.
In the dialog, enter a unique name for the template. Click OK. A new empty email template is created.
Each existing template card displays the name of the template and the actions available. Hover over a template card to see the bottom strip of actions.
- Enable/Disable message sending (1)
- When the toggle is green, the template is enabled and the feedback that matches specified requirements receives a message as configured in the template.
- Test Template (2)
- Click to open a dialog where you can enter an email address to which to send a sample email. Click Ok. All required fields in the template must be configured for the mail to be sent successfully.
- Edit Template (3)
- Click to open a dialog where you can edit the template. See "Edit Template" below for additional details.
- Duplicate Template (4)
- Click to open a dialog where you can enter a new name for the duplicated template. Click Ok.
- Delete Template (5)
- Click to delete a template. No option exists to undo a deletion after you click Delete in the confirmation dialog.
- Template Name (1)
- Unique template name.
- Sender Name (2)
- This field appears as the From name in the sent email; this is mandatory for enabling the template.
- Sender Email (3)
- This field appears as the Send Email address in the sent email; this is mandatory for enabling the template.
- Reply to Email (4)
- This field is used if the recipient tries to reply to the email; this is mandatory for enabling the template.
- Email Subject (5)
- This field is used as the email subject when sent; this is mandatory for enabling the template.
- BCC (6)
- Use this field to send the message to another email address; optional.
- Rule Trigger (7)
- Select a rule to evaluate whether to send this message for a feedback; this is mandatory for enabling the template.
- Email Body (8)
- Enter or paste text or HTML code to use as the email content. Incorporate information from the feedback submitted by using parameter replacement strings inside the text/HTML code. This is mandatory for enabling the template.
Smart Reply email requirements
The following conditions must be met for replies to be sent:
Feedback must have an email input field populated as part of the submitted feedback. This field must be flagged as a Contact Email Field. Set this up in Field Settings of survey editor.
Feedback must match the Rule Trigger configured for the reply template.
The reply template must be enabled.
Parameter replacement strings
The Smart Reply email can contain information collected as part of the feedback. To use information from the submitted feedback (as text), use the following convention in the email body:
##<feedback section>:<field name>#<default text>##
Specify the feedback section to which the field belongs (as listed in the feedback details), as follows:
Feedback Data - FD — Use this section to input fields configured on the survey (e.g., Grading, NPS, dropdown options).
User Data - UD — Use this section for information collected with the feedback automatically (e.g., browser name, city, country).
Customer Parameter - CP — Use this section for information collected as a custom parameter as part of the feedback.
Specify which feedback field to take the value from, as follows:
For Feedback Data, specify the field internal name as it is configured in survey editor.
For User Data, specify the field name as it appears on the feedback data.
For Custom Parameter, specify the parameter name as configured.
Default value (optional)
If the field selected is not populated or does not exist for the feedback processed, specify a default text to be used. No text is sent if no default value is defined. In that case, use the following format for the parameter replacement:
##<feedback section>:<field name>##