Advanced conditional display
- When a user answers multiple questions negatively display extra options for feedback or collecting contact details
- When a user supplies written feedback provide them with a coupon
- Display a custom logo based on a custom parameter for locale
In comparison to conditional display, advanced conditional display includes the following additional features:
- Combining multiple conditions
- Condition between pages
- Using custom parameters as conditions
- A new Has no value condition
- A new Contains any of condition
- A new Alchemy based user friendly UI
When this feature is enabled previously created conditions remain available.
When advanced conditional display is enabled, the conditional display looks like this if no conditions are set:
When conditions are set, the conditional display looks like this:
The advanced conditional display includes a drop down to select All or Any in combination with the of the following conditions are met option. Depending on the value of the drop down:
- When set to All of the following conditions are met the operation is equivalent to a logical AND. This means that all of the conditions have to be true before the overall condition is true.
- When set to Any of the following conditions are met the operation is equivalent to a logical OR. This means that when any of the conditions are true, then the overall condition is true.
There is a global option at the top of the advanced conditional display that sets this for all conditions, and each group of conditions also has its own option that sets this for the group's conditions.
Add a condition or group
The Add drop down chooses between adding a new condition or a new group of conditions. There is a limitation of up to 4 groups to ensure the best performance.
The first drop down sets the following:
- Condition on fields from other pages
- Condition on fields within the current page
- Condition on Custom parameters
The advanced conditional display feature provides the option to see the syntax of the condition. The syntax is for informative purposes.
The following additional conditions are available as part of the advanced conditional display.
- Has no value identifies whether a field or custom parameter does not have a value (is blank) or is null.
- Contains any of identifies that the field or custom parameters must contain at least one of the requested values. This differs from selecting Contains which means that the field or custom parameters must contain all requested values.
If a field is not filled, clicking Save results in an error.
If a non-valid regular expression is used, an error is immediately shown.
Deleting a field
Deleting a field that is part of a conditioned results in the respective condition automatically being deleted.
Similarly, changing the order of pages, for example moving page 2 in front of page 1, deletes the respective condition.
When a survey which uses advanced conditional display is duplicated, any existing conditions are duplicated.